Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My washer is only 3 years old and has just started leaking/flowing

My washer is only 3 years old and has just started leaking/flowing from the rear right side, as you face the washer. It appears that as it is filling the water is going onto the floor and has flooded my utility room twice.
Believe it did it the first time because i thought i had too much in the tub.
Have a had heavier than this and it did not leak.
Thank you,
Julie Monahan
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Your problem is with the water inlet valve, number 13 on this diagram,this is what you're hoses connects to most likely it has a hairline crack or one of the seals is gone inside the valve you can order the valve this following link, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-nu mber/Fisherpaykel-Parts/Washer-Parts/421177P/0026/426/Model-GWL1596155A/3068/0153200?keySuffixId=NA&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=GWL1596155A&subCompDesc=Top%20deck%20&%20electronics&brandDesc=FISHERPAYKEL&modelDesc=WASHER&blt=11 and the link below takes you to all the diagrams so you can get this apart and get a look at it,

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-nu mber/Fisherpaykel-Parts/Washer-Parts/421177P/0026/426/Model-GWL1596155A/3068/0153200?keySuffixId=NA&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=GWL1596155A&subCompDesc=Top%20deck%20&%20electronics&brandDesc=FISHERPAYKEL&modelDesc=WASHER&blt=11 hope this information is useful, thanks, Bryan