Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My wash kenmore washer need help when starting the spin cycle.

My wash kenmore washer need help when starting the spin cycle. I have to open the lid and turn it a few inches then it will spin as normal. What causes this to happen?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

can you open the lid and in the back there is a tag with the model # XXXXX you get that for me?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
110 246-42300
ok, great, what you need to replace is the clutch assembly, these have pads similar to brake pads in a car in these pads wear and slip, the new clutch assembly is $33.50 and you can order it at the following link, just click on the blue link, there is also a video there to show you how to replace it so you can do this yourself, the video walks you through the whole process, it will probably take you about 45 min. to an hour to replace it, this will take care your issue in your machine will be spinning correctly again, well wishes and thanks, Bryan