Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I need to replace the ice maker in a samsung rsg257. It appears

I need to replace the ice maker in a samsung rsg257. It appears I need to remove the back plate to access the connector for the new ice maker. I have all of the screws out but the panel won't release. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 3 years ago.
Hi....Bob here...Take a look at this diagram..The panels should come off in this order..

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The image does not apply to my refrigerator. The ice maker is on the left side door. I'm attempting to remove the panel behind the ice make so I can plug in the new ice maker molex connector. There is something behind the upper quarter of the panel that is preventing the removal.
Ok good ..So this is a in the door ice maker...Here is the diagram as to how it should go together..At what point are you and tell me which part you are having the problem with..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Where is the correct diagram?

I pulled the original ice maker out by disconnecting the wiring internal to the ice maker. I'm now attempting to install the new unit w/o opening it up and removing the wiring harness from the ice maker motor, gnd wire, and circuit board. I've pulled everything but the back panel. The wiring hiring disappears up into the back panel.
Sorry about that..

graphic
Please accept my answer or let me know if you have any further questions..Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That diagram looks correct. I still can't release the panel (14-3). I have the ice maker and the cover 14-6 off. The panel is stuck towards the top near the two post for the ice maker screws. I tried pulling the plate at the top of the door but that did not provide any access. Suggestions?
You shouldn't have to remove Part 14-3..The plug should be accessible through the hole in that part..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The cable goes up into the back panel. I have pulled on the cable and it doesn't budge. I looked through the hole w/ an inspection mirror and can't see a connector. Suggestions?
This is a new ice maker install..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Replacement
Normally the power harness will be at the cut out..Are you ablr to move part # XXXXX at all...(tilt out from the bottom)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No. I can only pull the out a tiny bit by bending it. The panel is attached to somehting up towards the top. I can slide it up more than I can pull it out.

I'm going to try and connect the wiring harness to the new unit.
SO you do have the wire harness visible...That is all you need to do...I was under the impression you were looking for the wire harness..All you would need to do is connect it..It is already wired up..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The new unit came with the wiring harness and a molex connector on the end of the harness. Because I can't remove the panel and therefore remove the existing wiring harness, I'm having to pull the harness off of the new unit. I didn't want to do that.
Not a problem with doing that...Thats how it is done in the field.
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair