Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my dishwasher is leaving a cloudy film on my dishes after being

my dishwasher is leaving a cloudy film on my dishes after being washed. I tried running a cycle with vinegar, puttin jet dry in and it has not improved. Any thoughts? Jen

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

the film is from hard water, how much water is in the bottom after this first fills?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am not sure what "first fills" means. Should I start it and check? when? The reason I question the hard water answer is because this just started happening and I have had the washer for 2 years.
yes start the dish washer and let it fill then open the door and tell me in inches how much water is in the bottom, does it reach the heater?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry to be ignorant, but what does the heater look like?

thats fine this is the heater.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I stopped the cycle as soon as spinning action started. The water does not reach heater. The water is less than an inch deep.

ok thats your issue, this has to fill up to the heater or above. you will need to replace the fill valve. you can order this at the following blue link. g-Parts/Dishwasher-Parts/W10219505/0022/665/Model-MDBH989AWS1/3048/0130000?keySuffixId=NA&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=MDBH989AWS1&subCompDesc=Fill,%20drain%20and%20overfill%20parts&brandDesc=MAYTAG&modelDesc=UNDERCOUNTER-DISHWASHER&blt=11 its located behind the access panel under the door. thanks Bryan