Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a GE Advantium model sca 2000 bww 03 manufactured in

I have a GE Advantium model sca 2000 bww 03 manufactured in Oct 1999. It has stopped working -- unit has power, but no lights on panel and unit is unresponsive to any control input. I have been advised by Sears where I purchased the unit that it is probably not worth fixing since a service call plus parts would probably be prohibitive. I just need a second opinion. Any chance it is only a blown internal fuse?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

There is a fuse inside the microwave that is likely bad if there are no signs of life at all on the microwave. Below is a link to the fuse you'll want to order.

You'll need to remove the vent panel and the control panel to see the fuse in the upper front corner of the microwave. Below is a link to a video that sort of shows you how to access the fuse, but the fuse location is a bit different.