Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The self clean feature on my 30 dual oven dual fuel Jenn-air

The self clean feature on my 30" dual oven dual fuel Jenn-air range has ceased to function. Any ideas? Thanks, Brad
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

What happens when you try to start the self clean and can you tell me the steps you are doing to try to set the cycle and what comes up on the display after each step?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
two beeps no display
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, that is really not what I asked, I need a more detailed response to figure out what is warong.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Let me try to give a more detailed response. I approach the closed door appliance, I push the clean
button(upper or lower same response) I hear two beeps that is all no display other that the clock.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok perfect, so you can still bake and broil correct? It's just that the clean button isn't doing anything when you press it except beeping at you?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, correct all other functions operate normally
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok well that means you have a problem with the control board itself. The touchpad is working because you hear it beep indicating you are pressing the button. If the display doesn't change the door latch isn't the problem either. Try unplugging the unit for 60 seconds to see if the control board will reset. If that doesn't work, you'll need a new display relay control board. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE