Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I HAVE A NEW (3) MONTH OLD WASHER AND WHEN IT GOES INTO THE

I HAVE A NEW (3) MONTH OLD WASHER AND WHEN IT GOES INTO THE DIFFERENT CYLES WASH TO RINSE IT MAKES A TERRIBLE NOISE EACH TIME AND WHEN THE SPIN CYLE IS FINISHED AND THE WASHER STOPS IT GOES CLUNK AND SQUEAKS LOUD ENOUGH THAT I CAN HEAR IT BEHIND CLOSED DOORS.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This sounds like your brake assembly or your transmission is failing. When it's done spinning the tub it's supposed to apply the brake, but the brake is supposed to be silent and if it's squeaking and clunking, something on the brake or the transmission that engages the brake is bad and will need to be replaced. If the unit is only 3 months old, you'll want to call Maytag and schdule an appointment as it will be free to have it fixed and it's going to require a part so it's not something you'll want to replace yourself.