John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I have a Stoves ofAmerica 850 double oven which works fine.

Customer Question

I have a Stoves ofAmerica 850 double oven which works fine. The four gas hobs that came with it are clickin g away and I cannot stop this without switching off the electricity.
The manufacturers in the UK are of no help in getting this repaired. Who in Manhattan can do an emergency repair or advise on a like for like replacement?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Will you please send me the model number, so I can get information for you? It's on an i.d. sticker that's on or near the oven door.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It is a Stoves 750G gas cooktop

We have disabled igniter to use it on a temporary basis.

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
From your description of the problem, I suspect that the ignition module has failed. I'll search for parts information, and I'll post back to you tomorrow.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
I've searched the internet using every way I know, but I'm unable to find anything on Stoves of America. Do have any information on the maker of the appliance, such as information on the i.d. sticker where the model number is printed?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Stoves UK - now part of Dimplex - is the original manufacturer.

They have a subsidairy in Canada.

I have checked with them both - no more parts or support.

The model number of the stove top itself is 750G. It is unconnected with the lower oven.

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Thank you. When I searched, using the words '', I came up with the following web address: On this website you'll find an email form.

I'm still unable to find any sources in North America or Canada.

I noticed that you've already accepted my answer, but, if you wish, I can request a refund for you. I get the impression that Stoves UK shipped appliances to the U.S. without first setting up a service network.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

They had some service agents and parts which have all disappeared. I have chased the manufacturers and their parent company many many times with a prior degree of success. But they do not respond any more. That is why I turned to JustAnswer!

Perhaps a refund would be appropriate? I was hoping that you would know of a source that still held a cache of parts!

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry I can't be more help. I'm requesting a refund for you.