Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My washer is not draining for the rinse cycle. The machine

My washer is not draining for the rinse cycle. The machine just stops when it gets to rinse after the first agitation. There seems to be no switchover to the drain/rinse cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This is quite a common issue and it means that your lid switch has failed and the washer doesn't think the lid is shut, so for safety reasons the washer is not going to go into rinse, drain, and spin. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the washer apart so that you can access the lid switch under the top panel of the cabinet. The entire cabinet is 1 piece and will need to come off as an assembly.

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO