Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hi, I have a Whirlpool Duet Washer. Its telling me I have

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Whirlpool Duet Washer. It's telling me I have a Water Temperature Senser problem. How do I replace the Water Temperature Senser?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The temperature sensor is mounted in the middle of the heating element. If you remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel, the lower front panel will pull down, forward, and off Look around the bottom of the outer plastic tub (on the front). This is where your heating element and sensor are mounted.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The answer I got was wrong. The temperature sensor is in the back, and isn't connected to the heating element. I should have waited to verify the information before accepting the answer and paying for it.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Some of the newer duet sport models the location is in the back left corner, you are right. But without a model number I just gave you the most common position. I figured if you didn't find it where I told you it was, you could respond back and I'd let you know the other location.