Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience

Just bouaght a new GE profile dishwasher - they came to install,

Just bouaght a new GE profile dishwasher - they came to install, and realized we can't get the old one out - we had a plumbing leak (somewhere else) and had to put in new floors -new ones are alittle thicker than the old ones - flooring guys didn't put new floor under the dishwasher, just in front of it - because of the difference in floor height -the old dishwasher won't come out -new won't go in. We can remove some flooring to get the old one out -but how do we fix this so the new one can be easily accessed?
Hi welcome to just answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be helping you today with your problem.
I had a customer with the exact same problem. What they did was get the floor guys to come back and make the flooring in front of the dishwasher removable. You only need about 6 inches that you can remove. The floor guys they had did a nice job you could not tell it was removable.

If this has been helpful please press accept.Smile