Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician

I have a Danby DDW1805W Dishwasher that is not filling with

Customer Question

I have a Danby DDW1805W Dishwasher that is not filling with enough water to clean dishes. It fills for maybe 5 seconds then starts the wash cycle. I replaced the water valve but it does the exact same thing. Question I have is could this be a defective pressure switch in the unit that is causing the water valve to cutoff prematurely?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 5 years ago.

Yes it could be the pressure switch or the control/timer in the door panel. Take the pressure switch hose off and blow through it. If the hose is clear, the timer would need to be replaced to fix the issue.

Also make sure the flood switch is not activated. This is the small cup with the rubber plug on the right side of the dishwasher.

Sounds like the control/timer has failed friend.

Let me know
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I did blow through the pressure hose with no obstructions. Another question; Why would it be the timer that is causing this problem? Wouldn't the pressure switch tell the timer when its water level condition has been reached, and thus continue the cycle? Could it be possible that is a defective pressure switch?

It could be possible take the hose off the pressure switch and see if the dishwasher will fill longer than 5 seconds if so replace the pressure switch if not the timer is bad friend.

Let me know
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

disconnected the switch & it filled

Sweet guess the pressure switch is bad, nice job friend.