Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Samsung frontloader J1045 Often takes much longer than the

Samsung frontloader J1045 Often takes much longer than the clock indicates. This happens especially in the spin cycle. It may take over 20 minutes instead of the indicated 9 minutes. Today the machine got stuck when it showed 6 minutes left. I.e. it went on and on pumping but the timer did not progress, kept showing 6.

Peter
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 3 years ago.
Peter,

This normally happens for one of two reasons. The unit is out of balance and can not ramp up into spin. The next possible issue is, not using HE soap. A over sudsing issue will add time to the wash cycle in general.

If you are using HE soap and haven't noticed any residual soap at the end of the wash check and make sure the machine is level.

The next thing to check is the shocks. This washer has four shocks that connect on the bottom of the washer. Remove the back panel and look in, if one is broken the washer wont go into spin and add time.

Let me know your thoughts friend
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not know what HE soap is; but we are using frontloader detergent from Aldi. Oversudsing is certainly not an issue.

The machine is perfectly level.

Being out of balance is not the problem either. (When the machine is out of balance, which happens rarely, the warning message appears.)

Today was the first time that the cycle got stuck at 6 min and did not progress at all. On earlier occasions it was simply slow. Moreover, it is an intermittent fault. Sometimes it washes in normal time, same program, similar load.

Very interesting,

Well you are using the correct detergent no doubt. Try unplugging the unit to reset the controls, if its intermittent the control is the only thing that could cause this.

Let me know friend
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

'Try unplugging the unit to reset the controls'

Please tell me more. How does one reset controls?

Yes,

Sorry, the only way to reset the electronic controls is to un plug the machine. When you unplug the unit the controls software will reset, often this enough to fix odd issues like this.

If that does not work, the control would need to be replaced.

Let me know friend
Experience: Factory Trained CFC Technician