Robert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16+ years of in home appliance repair knowledge.

How to replace and install new drain pump for LG Tromm front-load

Customer Question

How to replace and install new drain pump for LG Tromm front-load washer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 5 years ago.
hi go behind the washer do u see a panel in the center
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry for the delay. My desktop computer is in the attic and I have to go all the way down to the basement where the washer is located and then go back up to give you an answer YES there is a panel in the center behind the washer.
ok this machine drainpump can be reached by removing thast panel then follow the drainhose it connects to the pump it comes off easy has two hoses and two screws holding it down thats it but from the front remove the cap where the filter is and your done. if you need more help ill be here pressing accept for my help pays me thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

Is the unit on a pedestal?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I tried doing that before, going thru the back panel but could not see nor reach the pump. I even tried laying down the washer on its back side to see if I can do it from the under side. Was able to unhook the drain hose attachment but could not remove the pump. I need a very specified step-by-step answer to my question.
Expert:  Robert replied 5 years ago.

Remove the door on the drain cleanout. The tray over the cleanout will have 1 screw in it. Remove the screw and remove the tray. There will be 2 screws holding the pump on. Remove those. Lay the washer on its back(no pedestal) and reach in to the pump. On the floor of the washer, right behind the pump, there is a push tab. Push the tab down and pull the pump backwards. This will allow the pump to move back completely and make it easier for you to reach. If there is a pedestal on the unit you will have to reach in through the back panel to get to the pump.