Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

We have a Frig Dryer. The light seemed to burn out so we pulled

We have a Frig Dryer. The light seemed to burn out so we pulled the tab and removed the cover and replaced the light bulb. Nothing...still no light. The light we removed seemed to have all it's filaments in place still. HELP!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Does the dryer still start and run? If so, try to start and run the dryer with the door open to see if the door switch is bad or not. If the dryer starts witht he door open, you need a new door switch. If not, then the control board is shorted and will need to be ordered and replaced because the relay that sends the bulb power is just not sending power.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sounds expensive! It does not operate with door open so I suppose it is the control board. If we put a 4W in instead of a 7W would that make a difference? Thanks for your help. Wish you were my neighbor!!!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
the only difference that you would notice with a 4W bulb instead of a 7W bulb is that it would burn out fairly quickly. If you put in a 20 watt bulb that would cause a problem.

And actually I was looking over your model number's wiring schematic just to make sure the board would be the problem and this model doesn't have a control board on it. Either your door switch is bad, or the light bulb is bad.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is a door switch something we can replace ourself by buying one at our local Appliance Center in National City?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
If you're handy it should be something you can replace.