Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

New Frigidaire Affinity 4.2 front load steam washer, just installed

New Frigidaire Affinity 4.2 front load steam washer, just installed yesterday. Did laundry yesterday. Today, the does not seem to be spinning and error code E 57 - call service
is being displayed. What does this mean? MRF Model FAFS4272LW, sold by Sears. Can you tell me what happened. ? Thanks. Patti
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

E57 is a communication error with the motor control board. Now this error is probably the worst error you can get because there are 3 parts that can cause the error and not one of them can be tested to make sure it's bad or good. The 3 parts are the motor control board, the motor itself, and the door latch assembly.

I would order and replace the door latch first as that is the most likely part that has failed and causes this problem. Below is a link tot he part you'll need to order and replace.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Since this is a brand new washer, I am guessing that any repairs would be covered under warranty. A service technician should be able fix this in a visit, right?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Yes, that is correct. If the unit is less than a year old I'd be calling warranty.

If the unit is brand new and never used, there may be a wire harness that disconnected between the motor control board and a component causing the communication error.