Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

my automatic icemaker on my side by side stopped making ice......the

my automatic icemaker on my side by side stopped making ice......the water still wrks and the ice machiene functions but not producing any ice?? i notice that on the removable ice bucket theres a button to push in the rite that has play in it but it dsnt look broke maybe i put it back together wrong?????HELP
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you open the door first, look at the red light to the right, is it flashing 2 times and then pausing over and over? If you shut the flap on the left side and make a clear path from right to left, does the light turn solid?

OK, now look inside the icemaker itself, is there any ice or water in the icemaker mold? There are white fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker mold, what direction are they facing? Are they above the horizon or below? Pointing forward or backwards?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes its blinking and pausing, and stays on when i push in the flap... and the fingers are above the horizon facing me..
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok so that means that either the water line is frozen in the ceiling, or your icemaker is just bad and isn't cycling and calling for water. Squeeze the black fill tube coming from the ceiling above the icemaker. If it's frozen solid, us a hair dryer to thaw it out, otherwise you need a new icemaker. Below is a link to the icemaker as well as a link to a video that will show you how to replace it if you want to replace it yourself.

CLICK HERE FOR PART

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO