Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a GE Profile PSC25MSWA SS side by side refrigerator/freezer.

I have a GE Profile PSC25MSWA SS side by side refrigerator/freezer. From time to time the ice maker leaks water on the other items in the freezer; and the ice melts to the point where it won't work through the door dispenser. We are confident that the door is being shut, but the problem persists...about once per month. Any ideas? Thanks.....Charlie
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Does the icemaker actually leak or does the ice just melt in the ice bucket, then refreeze?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the response. The ice melts, then the water from the melted ice drips down into the freezer...Eventually, the ice re-freezes as does the water that has leaked below.

ok this is a very common issue and very easy to fix. There is a thermistor that tells the defrost cycle to end early if it gets too warm and it's not working. You'll need to order and replace this thermistor in order to fix the issue. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace. It's located behind the lower back panel inside the freezer. The thermistor is clipped onto the top of the silver coils behind this panel and looks like a white plastic bullet.