Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag dishwasher #MDB8951BWS that is 2 1/2 years

I have a Maytag dishwasher #MDB8951BWS that is 2 1/2 years old. We try to run it and you can hear it hum but it does not fill with water. The only way that I can get it to run is to jiggle the float. It then will run until the next time when it will not fill.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This means that your float switch is getting stuck. You can try to clean the float itself if it's sticking up, but if it's going down every time and just not sensing it properly, the float switch will need to be ordered and replaced. You can access the float switch by removing the kick panel below the front panel. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE