John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I TOPIC MY oven door will not open, I have a built in Whirlpool

Customer Question

I TOPIC: MY oven door will not open, I have a built in Whirlpool Microwave and oven. The panel is a touch pad for both appliances. I used the oven last night, but today the oven door will not open. There is no latch to close the door. It's all done on the touch pad. What has happened. How can I get the doormto open. Thanks Judith
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
Hi....Bob here... I see you are having a problem with your oven..So this happened after you used the self clean option..?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No, I want to use the oven and found that the door would not open. I tried to press various items, such as auto clean to see if I could get the oven door to open. Nothing worked. Judith

First try to cut power off ..Then back on...If door does not lock then try using the self clean..Once it starts cancel..Then see if you can open the door..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
<p>This is taking way to long. I no longer want to wait for an answer anymore. Do not charge my credit card. Thank You. Judith</p>
Did you do what was suggested..?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I did.....nothing is working. I 'm going to need a tech to come to my home. I no longer wish to use this site. How do I leave without my credit card charged?