Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have Maytag washer, model LAT2500AAE, that is leaking from

Customer Question

We have Maytag washer, model LAT2500AAE, that is leaking from the bottom. I have cheked all hoses and they are connected and not leaking. Also the soap is being left on the closthes at the end of the cycle sometimes. The leak would occur occassionally every 4 or 5 washes, but it happended twice today. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX suggestion on the problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

You're just going ot need to remove the 2 screws near the bottom of the front panel and look for traces of white hard water diposits to see where the water is coming from. If you look around the inside cabinet and there are water ( or grease ) spots all along the sides and the front panel, that means you're main seal and bearing has gone out and it's going to be best to just replace the washer due to the expense and time involved.