Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

Have a frigidaire gallery convection wall oven model # XXXXX

Customer Question

Have a frigidaire gallery convection wall oven model # XXXXX cerial# XXXXX purchased Jan. 2004. The unit has been in regular domestic use since that time and up until 2 days ago performed flawlessly. Upon attempting operate yesterday the oven would not come up to temperature.
Did some trouble shooting and found that the top element for the broiler seems to function normally as does the convection element and fan.
A multimeter test on the bake element indicated a ohm resistance of 20.5.
Continuity check on both bake element terminals to the element proved negative indicating no short.
The control panel was set to norman oven bake at 350 degrees and element both bake and broil were checked with the multimeter showing neither 110 or 240 volts.
The broil element was turned on and terminals checked with the multimeter showing 244 volts terminal to terminal and 110 volts from each terminal to ground.
I'm not sure how to check the oven prob and would appreciate any suggestions to trouble shoot this problem.
Thank you in advance, DEH
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 5 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today. If you had 0 volts when you tested the element from one terminal to the other terminal when the oven was turned onto bake you have a bad control board.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Can I get the part Number for the control board required for this model and maybe where I can find one?