Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Freezer fan is repeatedly and rapidly turning on and off for

Freezer fan is repeatedly and rapidly turning on and off for several minutes and is louder than normal. This occurs throughout the day. Freezer is working normally, but I wonder if this is a sign that the defrost control board is going bad. Any suggestions?
Electrolux Pro Series
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

When the freezer fan is turning on and off quickly, is the fan back by the compressor also turning on and off quickly do you know?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The fan next to the compressor is not turning on an off quickly. It is off while the freezer fan is acting up.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok then you either have a bad evaporator fan motor or a bad control board. Check the power to the fan motor and if the power is flickering between 0 and 120 volts. If so, then the control board needs to be replaced, otherwise the fan motor needs to be replaced.