Hi my name isXXXXX can help you.
Do you see any bare metal inside the microwave? Are there any burn marks?
i should clarify the sparks are coming from inside the mechanics of the microwave and can be seen through screen on right side
Ok, that's coming directly from the magnetron then.
How old is the unit?
I believe we purchased it in 07
it was manufactured in june 06
Let me clarify it could be coming from the magnetron and some units have a 5 year warranty on those.
When you say you see it through the screen, I am picturing the screen on the right hand side inside the oven cavity.
do they replace them, rebate for new purchase, or fix them?
They usually repair them.
it is from the other side of the screen not in the oven cavity itself
it lights up bright white and makes a noise
I understand, the sparks are coming from the other side of the screen and that is were the magnetron is. That is the magnetron for sure, typically the actual tip is burned and or shorted out when that happens.
Did you need anything else? Also you should not use the microwave for safety purposes.
so i should call maytag about repair. should i buy new one?
If it's under warranty then I would consider the repair if not then buy a new one. A magnetron costs around 110 for the part and the labor any were from 120-150.
confirmed all my suspicions...
our welcome, have a great day, don't forget to press the accept button and leave a comment, thank you.