Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

how can i stop my kenmore refrigerator from chirping like a

how can i stop my kenmore refrigerator from chirping like a low battery notice on a fire smoke alarm? returned from vacation to find this annoying problem. thanks for any helpful info. model no is 795 71012 010
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Peel back the door seal on the refrigerator and freezer when the door is shut. Do you see a light on inside the refrigerator?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i did as you requested and the light is not on
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok perfect, that means that either your refrigerator or freezer is too warm. You'll need to check the temperature in each section to see which one is too warm. The refrigerator should not be above 40 degrees and the freezer should be less than 5 degrees. If both sides check good, then you just have a bad control board. Try unplugging the refrigerator for 5 minutes to reset the board, if that doesn't solve it, the control board will need to be ordered and replaced.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
temp in freezer is -1 and temp in refrigerator portion is 35 . unplugged for 5 min chirping started again when plugged back in.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
ok then you just need to replace the control board