MASTER-TECH
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology

Dcs stove broiler ignites and shuts downs then reignites. Stove

Dcs stove broiler ignites and shuts downs then reignites. Stove approximately 5 years old
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MASTER-TECH replied 3 years ago.

MASTER-TECH :

Does it take more that a minute to ignite from a cold start?

Customer: Yes glow plug gets red over 2 minutes still hasn't ignited
MASTER-TECH :

Does the regular bake take as long also? do you smell gas or hear a whoosh! when the bake ignites?

Customer: Oven seems to light normally wife has mentioned/ she/ smells gas occassionaly
MASTER-TECH, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 years in the trade, lead tech in large company, always training on the newest technology
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Where are we at I answered your last question
It is most likely the ignitors on bake and broil are getting weak. The bake ignitor is the one that goes out the most. On average in about 5-years with 2-3 uses a week. The broil on the DCS's can have ignition issues but once lit they should stay lit until it cycles. If you use the broiler often it may have become plugged and the screen will have to be replaced. (not a fun job) The way to best test if the ignitor is going bad would be to amp test it with a meter. It should draw 3amps or more. Under that and it will start acting as you described. The smell of gas when using bake indicates it is getting weak. With DCS you will have to get the parts from Fisher/Paykel, There # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN I think you model # XXXXX be on a tiny sticker under the control panel above the door or along the frame of the door opening, some you will have to remove the toe panel. The people at DCS are good at getting parts by the description of the appliance. Both ignitors are easy to replace. The broil you may have to pull the unit out to do the wiring from the back panel. The bake ignitor you have to remove the oven floor. Remove the racks and the rack holders on the side. It may also have screw in clamps on the front of the oven floor. It will then lift out and give you access to the burner. Thank you...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Had some time to today. The ignitor on broiler got very red. I cleaned the screen and it then started .this worked a couple of times and now it won't work again. I don't smell gas . The bake cycles just fine. New problem I removed the door seemed easy but can't get it back seems that top hinges the long ones go in first then the lower short ones. The lower ones have a flip lock of some sort is there a trick here to getting the door aback? The broiler screen seems to have about 8screws is this what needles to be removed?