esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp
15396620

How do I unlock the door on my front loading maytag washer

Customer Question

How do I unlock the door on my front loading maytag washer? Both the lock light and the child lock are on and washer is full of washed clothes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 6 years ago.
has the cycle ended for washing
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, but when I tried to open the door it would not open, so I fiddled around with the buttons and then hit the child lock.
the door lock light should have turned off then it will release the door switch was there a power outage or surge that you know of
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no
your control board relays have failed to release the door lock, very common issue on maytag replacing the board will fix your problem. pressing accept for my6 help pays me thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will accept this answer if the replaced board corrects the problem. Keep in touch with me through my e-mail. I will be contacting the Maytag store for the part tomorrow. Thank you.
good luck
after pressing accept your question is good for 30 days should you need further assistance
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I had the repairman come and he said I was just not loading the machine correctly and it was out of balance. I did get the door to open before he came. I am washing much smaller loads now and it seems to be okay.
great lucky no major damage as maytag is expensive