How do I reprogram the remote to my Hampton Bay fan

Customer Question

How do I reprogram the remote to my Hampton Bay fan?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  RUSS replied 5 years ago.

Hi, this is Russ, I'll be helping you with your problem today. THANKS! Please explainwhat your problem is in full.....thanks

Expert:  RUSS replied 5 years ago.
Sir or Madam: You never replied to my question as to the problem you are experiencing. Please allow me to assist.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My remote is no longer functioning. The light comes on but does not impact the fan either with the lights or the fan.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Are you there?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The remote has a model # XXXXX UC7078T

Expert:  RUSS replied 5 years ago.

You must make the dip switches in the remote and in the fan match. In other words all switches on or off in the same order

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Where is the dip switch in the fan?

Expert:  RUSS replied 5 years ago.
HOWEVER, if the fan stopped responding all on its own, the remote and receier must be replaced......there is no such thing as re-programming to make it work.....If the dip switches were not touched, the receiver and/or remote are bad FAN DIP SWITCH IS generally in the upside down bell or in the light kit. In many cases this is the installers descrition
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Will Home Depot repair this? I think I need a receipt which I do not have because the fan was here when I bought the house. The fan is supposed to be guaranteed by the manufacturer they tell me at Home Depot.

Expert:  RUSS replied 5 years ago.

I can not answer for H.D., but IF IT has a life warranty, I thnk you will be responsible for removal of the receiver and the re-install of it....Home Depot in all likelyhood did not install the fan. I wish I could be of further assistance, but Home depot handles replacement or repairs. Here is the name etc. of a company that I use and they are most helpful. THANKS AND GOD BLESS