Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

Dishwasher Maytag MDB-9 will not start. Lights are on but start

Dishwasher Maytag MDB-9 will not start. Lights are on but start button will not light up and start the cycle. It's only 1 1/2 years old and not on the recall list/
Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 3 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

tell me please what the buttons say from left to right on the panel
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

auto clean

heavy wash

normal wash

light wash

rinse only

insta wash

options

heated dry 3sec lock

sanitize

hi temp wash

steam clean

start

delay

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no lights are on

push delay button and lights come on

start will not work

to reset the board press these buttons in this order to reset the control board ,, thanks

high temp wash - then - heated dry,
high temp wash - then - heated dry,
high temp wash - then - heated dry,,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nothing has changed

all lights go off after 30 secs

no lights for high temp - heated dry

no lights for start button

is the lock light on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

you will have to replace the control board in this case ,, sorry ,, you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you with the model number
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What? this is only 1 1/2 years old and in a suite that rarely gets used. How can the panel need to be replaced so soon.
i'm sorry but it does ,, they have no time stamps on them ,,, i have seen these go out being brand new ,, again i'm sorry but i cant do anything about it myself or i would ,,, i hate telling people this kind of stuff but i will not lie to any of them and tell them its something its not ,,, Larry
i have to leave for a while ,, do you have any other questions before i go
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry you did not resolve my issue. I feel that you read my question before you said you could help. In less than 24 words you told me that I needed to replace my control panel. If you could not help why take my money, why not instruct the client to call a service person. I feel ripped off.

I will never use this service again.

I have since had a service man in and he said it could be the control panel or the computer board. Both are costly to fix.

I do not understand how they can produce appliances that fail after such a short period of time.

I am very disappointed.

i did help you ,, the only thing i did not do is come to your house and replace the part myself, this your part to do or pay a tech $75 to come in and tell you the same thing plus price of part ,, sorry i don't drag it out over days and then tell you the same thing ,, i don't work that way!
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will accept your answer only to have you stop bothering me! You did not earn your money.