I have a Whirlpool Washer Model WTW6200SW2 which was purchased in September, 2007. Whenever I use it, the following sequence occurs:
1) I set the dial to “Wash”, select my preferences, push start, it starts filling for about 2 or 3 seconds and stops, then the lid lock latch activates, and it then starts filling again. BUT, that only lasts for about 4 or 5 seconds and then it stops altogether and “F1” shows on the display.
2) I then turn off the power, turn it back on, repeat the process, and the same thing happens.
3) Usually the third, or sometimes the fourth time I do the sequence it then continues to fill normally and the wash cycle starts.
4) Everything goes well until the rinse cycle comes up, and then it stops again, the “F1” indicator shows, and it starts beeping.
5) I turn the power off, manually set the dial to “Rinse and Spin”, turn the power back on, push start, and it continues normally to the end of the cycle.
My question is, do these symptoms indicate a likely cause to you, and if so, how difficult (i.e. expensive) would it be to fix? I like the washer but I hesitate to call for service if it would take a lot of expensive time troubleshooting it.
Thank you for your help.