Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

Frigidaire refrigerator door switch may need replacing. Changed

Frigidaire refrigerator door switch may need replacing. Changed the bulb and still no light.
A: Is it difficult to determine if it is the switch?
B: Can I readily get a new switch at a hardware store?
C: When do I call a tech?

Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 6 years ago.
Hi....Bob here... I see you are having a problem with your fridge..Not difficulty to remove the switch..To remove the switch pry it forward at one side ,pull it straight out....You can click on the links below and order online..There are two switches..Just match the one you remove to the picture below...You will not be able to buy at the hardware store...You can do this yourself..

CLICK HERE

Click here for second picture
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I appreciate the answer, however, my husband informs me that yesterday - before the light went out, he found a little puddle of water on the floor outside the refrigerator side of the unit. (We have the freezer on left, fridge on right.) You think this may be more than a door switch or a compounded issue?
You have two issues.Which on this forum you would normally have to open two separate questions..The water is from the defrost drain backing up in the freezer..The drain is located in the middle behind the INSIDE freezer wall..Most likely it is frozen solid..So the water has no where else to go but on the floor every time the unit goes into defrost mode...Please make sure you use the accept option today before you leave for my time helping you..Thanks Bob