Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

how do I remove the lint filter from the Maytag Dryer Center

how do I remove the lint filter from the Maytag Dryer Center MCE8000AYW. I have removed the 2 front screws, but it will not come out.

Hi, thanks for using The filter just lifts staright up and out. See picture below. Filter is number 2 in the picture.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am talking about part #1 in the drawing. part 2 comes out easily with no screws. I really need to get inside to clean out the interior. I have removed the screws, but part 1 does not lift out at all- it moves when you remove the screws, but it is like something else is holding it in place, but I can't find what it is.
Oh, okay. NUmber 1 is not removable unless you remove the entire front of the dryer. I can send you the service manual if you would like to attempt it but there is an easier way to clean it out. You can use a brush, part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN to reach down in there. It is available at for $9.42. I would recommend that before disassembly but am happy to send you the manual if you wish.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have a brush, but it seems to just push the lint down further. So........... lets try the manual. Thanks!

The link below will allow you to download the complete service manual which will walk you through disassembling the dryer to access the filter housing. Sorry for the delay...had a computer glitch!

Service Manual