Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician

My Maytag Front loading washer is not draining properly. I

My Maytag Front loading washer is not draining properly. I get the Sud or F 02 signal a few times during the cycle. I put it on drain/spin a couple of times per cycle. We checked the drainage hose to see if it was clogged, but it wasn't. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 5 years ago.

This is a very common issue on this unit. Tip the washer back at a 45 degree angle. This will make it easier to remove the lower panel screws and clean the pump.

The lower panel has several screws that hold it on once removed it will slide down and off. You need to clean the drain pump. This the round thing in the middle with the white end piece. Twist this piece counter-clockwise and pull the filter out.

Clean the filter and install for a test run. I know this unit very well. I can answer any repair related question you have on this washer let me know.