Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my ge profile gas oven touch pad only works on convection,

my ge profile gas oven touch pad only works on convection, and only at 500 degrees. i am assuming the control panel is bad. if this is the case do i have to replace the whole thing, or is there an easier fix.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you get us the full model number?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
model number jtp1880a288

I'm not finding that exact model number can you recheck it, could this possibly be it?

JTP18BA2BB maybe some 8s are Bs ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
JTP18BOA2BB
Does your control panel look like this?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

YES, EXACTLY

Okay great, what happens when you push the other buttons like for regular bake? Does it beep like it's setting but doesn't set?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
THE BAKE DOES NOTHING AT ALL. I CANT SET TEMP UNLESS ITS 500 DEGREES ON CONVECTION
Okay, well you don't need to replace the part I showed you but you do need to replace the oven control board , these have been redesigned and they also come with a new latch assembly to work on these boards,there are screws along the bottom of the part I showed you(the control panel) remove those in the control panel will lift off the top lip, this comes with instructions also, you can order this at the following link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Control-Board/875261 thanks and well wishes, Bryan