Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Whirlpool Duet steam modle # XXXXX SN HLY2238471 Getting

I have a Whirlpool Duet steam modle # XXXXX SN HLY2238471
Getting a code # F20 indicates ow water or insufficent water supply The oposit is going on the water keeps coming in and the sensor is not sensing if that helps? what are the options PS i unpluged the unit or night for possable reset>
Please advise
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

The pressure switch is not tripped after 6 minutes.

Possible Causes/Procedure

If there is no water in the unit:

- Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned

on all the way.

- Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in

the inlet valves.

- Verify inlet valve operation.

If there is water in the unit:

- Verify drain pump operation.

- Verify that the pressure switch hose is in good condition and

properly connected to tub and pressure switch.

1. Verify there is not a siphon problem.

2. Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display. The

machine will drain for 3 minutes before unlocking the door.

3. Unplug washer or disconnect power.

4. Verify wire harness connections to inlet valves, pressure switch,

drain pump and Central Control Unit (CCU).

5. Check all hoses for possible leaks.

6. Plug in washer or reconnect power

7. Verify pressure switch operation.

8. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any cycle.

It sounds to me from what you're saying you have a siphon condition, this means the water is actually going out as it comes in so it doesn't trip the pressure switch to stop the water, is your drain hose really tight where it goes in the house drain? Is there an and space around it? It's not taped or anything is it? How high off the floor is the drain?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What stops the water from coming in is there an automatic water level switch if so wher is it located. Can you provide an on line service manuel to view in order to check out the cause.

The drain hose is approx 4ft off the floor next to the hot and cold inlets the hoses are all free ( no kinks) the darin hose is in the drain hole approx 6 inches. I am only guessing here I beileve if there is a water level sensor it has failed would you agree?

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Yes that's a very common failure on these the water level switch it's called an analog pressure sensor, it's part number, W10249845 and this is a very common failure on these, it's part number 15 on this diagram, you need to remove the top of the machine by removing the screws along the back of it once that soft-pedaled be in the back right corner, there is also a literature book number one on the diagram which has testing procedures and fault codes in it, unfortunately I can't download these to you because they're copyrighted and we are not allowed to send the information to you but what you need will be on that booklet, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.