Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a stackable washer dryer set and have replaced the fuse

I have a stackable washer dryer set and have replaced the fuse for the washer before. This time it keeps blowing the fuse every time I start the washer. the fuse is in the wireing I belive after the water fill valve. I have checked with Maytag and have the correct size and type fuse. Any ideas on what I should check next.
Thank you John Herron
P.S. Model #LSE7804ACE
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

You can't just replace the fuse on this model, you must replace the entire lid switch assembly. The fuse blows because one of the switches is shorted out. Below is a link to the lid switch assembly you need to order and replace.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have loiked at other material and noticed that the lid switch containes a fuse . This fuse that I replaced is in the wireing in the front panel of the washer . does your answer still apply? I checked with Maytag and they tolld me it is a 250v/1amp

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
yes, the answer still applies. You just need to replace the lid switch and the fuse at the same time and you'll be good to go again.