Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my range I tried chn clock but display is stuck showing 5ab

my range I tried chn clock but display is stuck showing 5ab or 5a6 how can i clear?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Is this a Maytag range? Do you have the model number?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Its a maytag not sure of model no
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay there should be a model number, if there is a drawer in the bottom open it and look for a white or silver tag with the model number on it, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
model no is MGRS752BDW
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I believe this is your clock assembly correct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, unfortunately the code you are getting is not a valid error code, what this means is the clock assembly has failed, when this happens it can sometimes throw up an odd code that doesn't make any sense, in other words there is no 5ab or 5a6 code, you will need to replace the clock assembly, we are seeing a lot of this, as a matter fact this is the second one of these I've had this morning, same exact clock, you will need to replace it, you can order that at the following link, you will need to remove the top panel on the back of the control panel to get to this and replace it, hope this information is useful, you can try shutting the power off to the range for 15 min. and turn it back on and see if the board resets but in most cases it won't, thanks and well wishes, Bryan