Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a LG front load washing machine Model #WM2101H. When

I have a LG front load washing machine Model #WM2101H. When the wash cycle begins, a valve seems to be opening and closing rapidly causing very hard banging of my water pipes. This happens 6 or 7 times before the valve stays open to let water into the machine to start the cycle. This also happens at the begining of the rinse cycle. I am worried that this hard banging will eventually cause a break in my water pipes. Could you please tell me what is causing this to happen?

Thank you.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

You will need to replace the valve, the solenoid on the valve is weak and doesn't open the valve like it is supposed to, these are electronic and when they get weak they will open shutter open and shut, the valve itself needs to be replaced, you can order this at the following link, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks Bryan. When I called the LG service number they said this was normal. I didn't think it was. The maching is still under warrant (about 7 mo. old). Shoud I have them install a new valve or would I be better off doing it myself?
if it's under warranty have them come out and repair it, if you do it you could void your warranty, and this is not normal by the way, they always try to get out of service when it's in warranty, they have to come out, tell them you want it done as soon as possible, thanks and best wishes, Bryan