Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i have an LG frotn loading washer and I am getting an OE light

i have an LG frotn loading washer and I am getting an OE light - the machine stops in the middle of cycles and then makes a long buzzing sound
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Do you have a full model number?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hold on let me check-
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay great, does this stop at the drain cycle? Is this draining?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Maybe it seems to stop prior to spin or prior to changing cycles
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay you need to check your pump trap, I believe you have something in the pump assembly, the pump trap is number K346 on this diagram, on the left bottom front of the washer there is an access door, you need to open that and remove the pump trap check for any obstructions in the trap and the pump, get some towels because or maybe a lot water in the machine, let me know what you find when you're done doing that, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how do I open it
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
It looks like the should be a little tab you push-up to open it, it's hard to tell on these diagrams, but I think your cap Looks like this, but it's funny it doesn't look like it's big enough wants it's open to get your pump trap through it, I'm not sure if you have to remove this to get to it or not, have you opened this door?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i got oit out and it was packed with debris- should I plug and unplug to reset
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Yes, try it again and see if it runs correctly, this is a common issue in what it does is can stop the pump, try the machine and see if it runs correctly now, if not try cleaning it again, you may have gotten some through and into the pump itself but hopefully not, I think it'll run fine now though, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok I am running now if this does not work can you tell me what the warning light OE means so when I call a technician I can inform them with some specificity.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately LG is very tightlipped with their error codes, I can't bring that specific code up, but when you call them they can probably tell you with the code stands for, like I said they don't give a a lot of technical information on these this is so they get the service calls on them in make money on the service of course, but I have a feeling your machine should run now, and if it doesn't open up and clean it out again, there may be more debris in there that can get into the pump, that's about the best we can do unfortunately, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
last question- a kind of grey small sock like piece came out of the trap and I wonder if that is not just an old filter that was in there; or is this really probably a small grey kids sock that got stuck in there.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
They don't show any filter in this so I think it's probably a piece of clothing of some type, did it run okay? If so you should be all set, thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
the OE eroor is a drain error, if this doesnt work (cleaning the trap) then the pump has failed or the pump impeller is slipping on the shaft. you will need to replace the pump if thats the case, thanks Bryan