John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My dishwasher wont drain. GE model Triton XL. How can I fix

My dishwasher won't drain. GE model Triton XL. How can I fix it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

Hi I'm John I will help you with the problem.

Doe it drain some of the water or no please.

Send me the model number so I may assist you better.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi John,

I don't know if it drained all the water. The bottom was full of water after the last 3 loads.

Model #GSD666OGOOSS

(It looks like it's O, not 0.)

Thanks for your help,
Ben
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

The water pump number 325 can be clogged by debris , you can disconnect the drain under the sink and check that connection for a clog , If no clog at the drain connection put the drain hose in a bucket on the floor to drain the water out then you can check the water pump.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
John,

Are you telling me that I should remove the U shaped pipe under the sink? I can't find part # XXXXX Thanks.

Also, FYI, I have an In Sink Erator.
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
No not the U pipe the drain hose to the drain connection loosen the clamp and pull the hose off.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I loosened a clamp under the sink at the bottom, that I believe goes to the dishwasher. 2 tbsp of dirty water came out.I put my fingers inside both open clamps and there were no obstructions. What next?
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

You have to check the water pump under the d/w it could be clogged up by debris .

Remove the bottom front panel you will see the pump to the right.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I removed the bottom front panel. At the right there's a 1" by 2" rectangle. Is this the pump? Or is the larger 4" by 4" square metal piece in the middle which seems to have a motor? If it's the larger square metal piece, and I think it is, it seems complicated to remove. What should I do?
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's too complicated to remove the water pump. Is it worth removing the metal filter in the dishwasher? If so, how can I remove it?
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
The problem isn't at that location, I pull the d/w out to clean the pump its easier for me to replace or fix the water pumps working on your stomach is a real pain.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm not confident working on the pump. So I'll call for a repairman tomorrow.

Last question: If I run the dishwasher tonight and water remains on the bottom are the dishes clean at the end of the cycle?
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
no not if it wont drain , if you rinse them first they might though.
John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.