Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

i have a kitchenaid frig and i changed the emitter and receiver

i have a kitchenaid frig and i changed the emitter and receiver board and the ice maker,what eles could be wrong? I dont get ice and the water tray wont fill up. nothing happens. the model # XXXXX 25IL SS00. WHEN I UNPLUG THE FRIG AND PLUG BACK IN I get 3 flashes then 2. and a steady light when the flap is shut.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.

Hi, my name isXXXXX am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

What was the reason for replacing the emitter and receiver?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
a tech and the trouble shoot guide said it was bad . according to the number of blinks
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

watch this video, tell me if the fingers are in the correct possition on the ice maker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvCBdI9wFzI&feature=related click the blue link.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes it was in that position.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Okay, there is a black tube coming straight down from the ceiling of the freezer that feeds water to the icemaker can you feel that tube and see if it's frozen, it's rubber so it should be pliable and you should be able to squeeze it, the other thing you need to do is to pull the refrigerator away from the wall and disconnect that tube that runs to the freezer,(there should be a quick connect) and then blow through the tube see if it's clear into the freezer, what happens a lot on these is the tube will freeze up in the ceiling of the refrigerator, this is very very common on these so you need to see I blowing through the tube to see if it's clear, let me know after you check those things, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
all clear
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Okay if it's all clear in your sure the icemaker is cycling (fingers turning) if what you say they seem to be in the right position, then the valve is the issue, these have to solenoids that open and close to put water in the icemaker and give you water through the door, the icemaker side is bad, you can't change the solenoid however you will need to replace the valve, you can order the valve at the following link

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/949403?modelNumber=KSRA25ILSS00 this will take care your issue, thanks and well wishes, Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.