Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

A loud intermitent buzz has started in my jenn-air (model jrsd226)

A loud intermitent buzz has started in my jenn-air (model jrsd226) refrigerator. What part could this possibly be ? How difficult would the replacement of this part(s) be.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Does this happen about every 3 to 4 min. then stop? Can you Pulley refrigerator away from the wall and listen behind the refrigerator down near the compressor area and see if that's where the noise is coming from? Let me know, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've pulled the fridge away from wall... the noise eminates from the lower portion as you've said, however, the noise happens at a 5 to 7 mins.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, that's what I thought sometimes it's quicker but 5 to 7 min. can also be the case you have a bad start relay on the compressor,if you take the cover off the bottom of the back of the refrigerator you will see the compressor a big black ball, on the side of that there is a cover plastic and under that cover is the relay, it needs to be replaced, not a very difficult job to do just make sure you have the refrigerator unplugged before working on it, you can order this at this blue link. it's part number four on this diagram, thanks and well wishes, Bryan