Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I put my over on self clean, and its been around 2 hours since

I put my over on self clean, and its been around 2 hours since it finished and its totally cold and still hasn't unlocked.. Is this normal?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

This is not too good, the problem is the door latch assembly has failed, the other problem is you probably don't have the model number or do you? Does is have a bottom drawer or is this a wall oven?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Drawer is on the bottom. It doesn't have a model on it. Just says Kenmore and Self Cleaning. has a digital front panel with beige buttons.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay so when you open the drawer there is no tag in there? Usually a will be on the right or the left side a silver or white tag
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Okay this a Canadian model and I can't bring up the diagrams for it, what you can try before having to call for a tech is put this back in self-cleaning for about 30 seconds and then press the cancel button, hold the door in tight, pushed the door in at the top, and see if it unlocks, if not you have two choices at this point, one take a coathanger and make a hook and bandit so you can get it down between the door at the top and try to pull the latch over by hand enough to get the door open, once you get the door open you will be able to get at the latch assembly to replace it, you will need to find a local or online parts supply to get the latch assembly, the other option is to call a technician in to get this open for you, these are sometimes very very difficult to get open, hopefully putting it back in self-cleaning will unlock it, just hold the door and for a few minutes and see if the latch comes over it may just be hung up sometimes that happens, thanks and well wishes, Bryan