Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a 2004 Maytag Neptune TL washer that has issues with

I have a 2004 Maytag Neptune TL washer that has issues with not pumping all the water out and not unlocking itself. I tried to get the water out on quick was and it took 5 1/2 hours to complete that cycle. HELP
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you get me the full model number? If you open the door there will be a tag with the complete model number on it can you get that to me? If it is not there look on the top of the control panel as if you were looking over the machine there is a tag their it'll probably start one of MAH or something like that, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Model is FAV6800AWW

Serial NO. is 10258266EC

Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
Okay great, the problem is going to be either the drain pump is clogged or it is bad, to get to this you will need to remove the front panel there are two clips Mark number 14 on this diagram take a putty knife and pushed those clips and then lift the top . Remove the screws holding the front panel on and take the panel off then you will need to remove the hoses on the pump and check for obstruction such as a coin or something either and the pump itself or the hoses if you find something remove it put the hoses back on and try the machine again this is definitely a clog unless the pump itself is broken, let me know what you find here is the diagram thanks and well wishes, Bryan