Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a roper refirgerator that at times drips water from

I have a roper refirgerator that at times drips water from the freezer section into the shelves, drawers and door. Is there something I can do to prevent this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Yes there is something you can do to prevent this, but first I would need the model number can you get that for me? Thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Where can I find that info?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
If you look inside the refrigerator section either on the ceiling or one of the side walls this should be a tag with the model number on it, if it's not there check behind the grill on the bottom under the door,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok it is RT18BMXXL00
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Super okay, what you have in your refrigerator or I should say freezer section is a clog defrost drain, when this goes into defrost it melts the Frost on the evaporator coils behind the panel inside the freezer in the backgraphicso what you need to do is remove the back panel number 24 on this diagram and under the coils you will see a sheet of ice, in the center under that is there is a drain hole, it is frozen, you need to get the ice out, boil some water and pour it over the ice until it all melts and the water drains down the hole freely, once this is done in the water is draining your problem will be solved, hope this helps, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have one more question. This is inside the freezer not on the back right?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Inside the freezer that's correct, if you have a nice big you will need to remove that to get the panel out, sorry I thought you realized it was inside, well wishes and thanks, Bryan