Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag model Wu204 dishwasher and the tub fills with

I have a Maytag model Wu204 dishwasher and the tub fills with water after finishing its cycle and water drips out the bottom at the blower. Is this something that can be fixed or is it time to get a new washer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

The problem with this is a lot of the seals are no longer available and that's what's going on is the seal is eroded and the water is getting by it, there is a blower seal and that's for the water getting by, they do sell a sealant you can use on this, this is made for Maytag by Dow Corning, you can order this blue link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Silicone-Sealant/197265?modelNumber=WU204 you would need to pull the dishwasher out and remove the blower assembly to put the seal all the way around it and then put it back on and let it dry, that's about all the sell for this, hope this helps thanks and well wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The fact that the tub fills with water also appears to be a problem. What do you think is the matter there?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
How far up does the water going in the tub? This is probably a float issue, the float stops the water at a certain point as it goes up, or are you saying at the end of the cycle it fills let's not supposed to? If that's the case is the water pouring in port is it taking a while for this to happen like the water was dripping into the machine not supposed to be? And after a while it fills up and that's when it starts to leak?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The tub slowly fills after completing the cycle and it is not supposed to do this. I think that is when the leak at the blower seal starts.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Okay this means your water inlet valve is not shutting tightly,this you can get and it's not too hard to replace, it is behind the access panel under the door, you can order this at this blue link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/1452?modelNumber=WU204 what happens is the valve is electronic and opens with power but it is spring closed and the inside of the valve itself probably has lime build up it or hard water build up and is not allowing the valve to shut tightly therefore water will slowly drip into the machine and overfill, I wouldn't touch the blower at this point because it may be just it's getting up to hi to a point where it's coming down through the blower, change the valve first in it should take care of it, thanks and well wishes, Bryan