Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Half of our glass-top stove is cracked from me dropping a glass

Half of our glass-top stove is cracked from me dropping a glass jar of spice on it...the other half is okak - it isn't cracked or damaged (the left side). Can I still use the left side? How about the oven?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

There are a couple problems with doing this, one is as it heats it can crack more an the weight of the pan can make it collapse and break more which can be dangerous if you have hot liquids like water in the pans, the other problem is if anything gets spilled on the top it could short out the stove, you can still use the oven that shouldn't be a problem, but using the top is somewhat risky, have you looked into replacing the top yet? Do you have a model number? Let me know I will look up the cost of replacing the top, thanks, Bryan