Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a whirlpool duet steam washer that will power on but

I have a whirlpool duet steam washer that will power on but will not start this am. I push the start button and nothing happens, no light no nada HELP!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you get us the full model number? Thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
are you getting any error codes coming up at all?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no it looks like i am not geeting connection when I push the start button? last time I did laundrey was last Saturday and it worked fine

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Let me see what I can find for the service manual on this, in the meantime have you unplugged this and then plug it back in? When you do this to you hear a click coming from the right side front near the top of the machine?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can i shut off the circut breaker instead of unplugging it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
yes but you need somebody to listen so when you turn it back on if they hear a click coming from the main CCU on the machine, they should hearing faint click when you turn the power back on, let me know
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
well that didnt work! now nothing works it wont power on I guess I need to unplug it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay so it didn't click it now nothing is coming on at all? This means the CCU has failed,its the microcomputer machine control, part number, W10180782, before replacing this however you should remove the top panel on the washer, this may be a big job if you have these stacked because you will need to remove the dryer from the top, once you have the top off check for any loose connections or plugs from the CCU to the main interface control in the front of the washer, these machines are very complicated when it comes to tracing problems in them, if you feel you can't do this you're much better off calling a technician in, the reason for that is it could end up being a bad cable between the boards and if that's the case it's cheaper to have a technician track it down and start buying parts, since this is not coming back on we can even put it in a diagnostic mode, if you do attempt to repair this there is a technical sheet under the top panel also which can point you in directions to check different things on this, the technical sheet will be located in the bottom if you take the panel off under the door, the technical sheet is number one on this diagram,using this can possibly lead you to the problem by following the steps in the technical sheets, hope I've been of some assistance, thanks and well wishes, Bryan