Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my gas range was working one day then the next it wasnt. I

my gas range was working one day then the next it wasn't. I turn on for bake or broil and it does not even get hot. I also don't smell any gas. I believe it is a valve or a contactor. My model no. is MGR4452BDW. My serial no. is 14392327JJ.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Your broil is in the bottom in the drawer correct?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay, so you don't hear clicking down below with the burner assembly is when you turn this on? Does the top work okay?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the stove top works fine. It is just the oven and broiler.
Okay I see, pull the broiler drawer out and start the broiler and towards the back of the burner assembly you will see this, it is the oven and broiler igniter tell me if this starts to get red or orange after a few minutes, this should start to glow let me know thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no, it does not get red or orange. But I do not smell gas either. If the ignitor is not working, shouldn't it be emitting gas.

No gas will come out unless the igniter is glowing, that is a safety feature, you would want gas coming out if the igniter wasn't lighting or you would have an explosion, you need to replace the oven igniter, you can order this at this blue link, this is a very common problem and these need to replaced on average every five years or so, hope this helps, thanks and well wishes, Bryan