Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

how to clean water inlet screens

how to clean water inlet screens
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you get me the model number, you're talking about plastic screens in the valve when you take the hoses off correct?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
mvwb300wq1 metal orplastic cone
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay you talk about the ones seen in this picture correct? If you're very careful they have a rubber ring that holds them in get something real thin and work your way around the ring to get the screens out then you can clean them, try not to mangle the screens so so you will need something like very small screwdriver and work you way around pry them loose, if they don't want to come out don't force them to the point where you rip them or break them, the only other way this is difficult because there's in the valve a little bit would be a small toothbrush try to break the stuff loose and get it out, this valve runs almost $80 so you don't want to damage it, hope this info is useful thanks and well wishes, Bryan